Friday, 19 September 2008

There's always a first time for everything

Malaysia is a country in which a lot of things happened to me for the first time. As such, it will always be a remarkable place.

I loved someone for the first time, although I didn't realize it at that time. By now that someone has already disappeared but I guess that love will forever remain like a holy object in church sanctuary.

I had my first professional job, in the form of an AIESEC internship. The other jobs that I did before this were part-time during my studies. It opened a whole new can of experience. I learnt things that I am applying in my current job and for this, I am greatly indebted to my then-boss.

I found another love. Still wounded by the past, I decided to give it a try and after about a year, I decided to live with a boy for the first time. Being a neurotic, I must say that it took a lot of willingness to share my personal space. So far so good. I still keep my stuff separated from his as much as possible. I am working on being less neurotic.

And so, this week marked another "first time". I joined the gym. Jeff has been trying to persuade me to join his gym but I’m a lazy ass and I don't see myself going to Bangsar to work out after office hours. Then a few months ago a new gym opened just opposite of KL Sentral. As I walk past it everyday from work, I can't use the same old excuse anymore. Plus I also realized that my Body Mass Index has deteriorated pretty badly. It's time to do something about it. I need to be more fit and lead a healthier life style. It doesn't mean that I would quit beer and chocolate; nor would I ever end up being an anorexic or bulimic. I love food way too much for that to ever happen. I just need to watch my diet more carefully. The only thing that grows by sitting in the office all day is your ass and with all the fatty, greasy, oily and high-calory Malaysian food, I am slowly but surely expanding horizontally. So physical exercise is definitely needed.

I took two classes so far: cardio step and body pump. Good fun: I was sweating golf balls and woke up those muscles that were never ever used until they screamed for mercy. Now I am sore all over. Hopefully my poor muscles will feel like themselves again just in time for another class devoted to form next week.

Perhaps I will try yoga too. That would be the first time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How was your Yoga-class? haha...

Lots of love, Sjois