Saturday, 7 April 2007

Delicious!

There are quite a few things in life that can give my heart a huge leap of excitement. Wentworth Miller is definitely one of them. The Prison Break main actor is the perfect example of Drop Dead Gorgeous, one of those fine male creatures that make my jaw drop by the sole sight of them. Seriously!

I've never had anything like this before: during my teenage years I have never had posters of any singer or actor filling up my bed room walls. I fancied River Phoenix once but he's dead now. And yes Brad Pitt is hot too, but unlike thousands of crazy fans, I didn't go to Amsterdam and wait in the cold and gloomy weather hoping to catch a glimpse of the guy when filming Ocean's Twelve a couple of years ago. Wentworth is an exception and I can't explain why.

Perhaps it's the lack of sex at the moment or the hormonal imbalance or the arrival of Spring but seeing his photos just makes the oestrogen and progesterone in my body scream YOOHOO! Safe to say, I'm a perfectly healthy woman. :)

Pilli, my Kenian roomie in KL, and I actually started to watch the TV show just to follow all his moves: ever since the first time we had laid our eyes on him, Monday evenings were dedicated to Prison Break. Though in general, due to the absence of attractive real life specimens in KL, we had an imaginary relationship with all the good-looking men on the screen. From CSI (there are cuties in all the series), Las Vegas, Kevin Hill to blokes on random shows that pass through while flicking through the channels. Prison Break remains my favourite; it has a hell of a story line that keeps you glued to the screen and thrilling cliffhangers that occassionally cause Pilli to jump on a chair or pace up and down the living room exclamating her despair in her attempt to warn the prisoners for the upcoming danger only visible to the spectators. Watching Pilli is a treat on itself.

Anyway, Wentworth Miller. Half of the earth population seems to share the same opinion (and I'm not even counting the gay guys): this man is a delicious dish, one that you would like to consume at any time of the day. He exudes coolness and charm by just existing, he doesn't have to put effort in doing or saying anything. And he certainly plays his character Michael Scofield superbly, like the other cast members, which also explains the show's success rate.

I'm not obsessed though: I haven't joined any of the fan clubs (believe me there are heaps of them), nor will I do so in the future. I do not associate myself with the frenzy and freakiness of thousands of girls on the internet whose sense of reality is thoroughly distorted by their boundaryless imagination. It's scary. They have dedicated their entire lives to a TV person, put him on a pedestal and created a whole personality out of their own fantasy. They all want to get married to him and have his kids, but perhaps those people should not be allowed to reproduce. The worst of them valiantly threaten to kill each other - the gays and the straights - fighting over a guy that doesn't even know of their existence.

I'm a "normal" fan: I like looking at Wentworth, whether on TV or on photos, but that's as far as I go. To be honest, I wouldn't mind going for a coffee with him and discuss about world peace or racial issues, but zero chance as we do not walk the same part of the globe. And I'm still hooked on my koala, a special kid and a beautiful soul who wins hands down. There's no competition there.

For now I'm just going to enjoy the show and drool from time to time. An interesting fact: Wentworth Miller is of African, Jamaican, English, German Jewish and Cherokee descent on his father's side and of Russian, French, Dutch, Syrian and Lebanese descent on his mother's side. If he were to start a family with an Asian girl now, imagine the wonderful offspring they would bring to this world.. :)

No comments: