Thursday, 17 January 2008

The lovely scent of relaxation

A woman needs a good bath from time to time.

Surely you can think of several other ways to spend the day rather than going to a nine-to-five job for five days a week, but how many people can actually afford that luxury. For those of us who work a full week - I wouldn’t say that we are trapped - getting oneself to unwind is an absolute necessity to avoid a premature burnout.

So after quite a challenging day at work followed by a two-hour ride on the bus home in the KL rush hour traffic I desperately needed some relaxation. Unfortunately our hot water tap doesn’t work properly so Jeff ran up and down the kitchen to boil pans of water to throw in the tub while I was watching American Idols from the couch. Needless to say I found myself a truly wonderful man. So after he fixed my bath with chamomile and peach foam, I made a mug of green tea and sank into the hot water for a delightful moment with myself.

Close your eyes and smile, lie back till you find the perfect spot, inhale the lovely scent of relaxation, empty your mind and let all the day's stress float away, soak everything until your fingers get crinkled, get some more hot water and stay a little longer. Such sweet bliss.

A woman needs a good bath from time to time.

No comments: